Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Still Here!


I spent a week and a day off to the East Coast...Amazing tour. First visiting my father, Alastair, in NYC; busy with great conversations for a rapid day +. Then, belatedly, off to Boston with visits and stays (thank you SOOO much!) with Jane and Neal and their brilliant daughter Annie! followed by a much overdue (20+years!)visit with my brother Jasper and lovely wife, Deb,'new' niece Ella and nephew Ian. And a lovely dinner with Jane, Neal and Annie along with Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez, lately of MIT. Whew!! FOLLOWED by a visit to my sister, Anne and brother-in-law, Andrew at his farm, Clear Brook Farm, in Shaftsbury, VT, with my mother living, as Anne points out, "in our front yard" in a house they built for her for 1/2 of the year. So, everyone was visited, and for each far too briefly. Another pilgrimage will be planned in the Spring. Back in the grey Alaskan Panhandle waiting for the sun to drop from our experience. But I had REAL tomatoes while I was away! WOW!

Vermont is astonishing, and green and abundant, and NYC was but a 45+ minute car trip, a 2 hr train and $35 away!!! Things to think about!

1 Comments:

Blogger tallycast said...

Somehow you managed to avoid Tallahassee.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home